Another fall recipe with pumpkin and I’m not even sorry or waiting to post this because these are THAT good! I used my Triple Berry Overnight Oats recipe as a base and added in pumpkin and lots of spices. These are super easy to make, taste soo good and makes for the quickest and most convenient breakfast ever! Like I said with my first overnight oats recipe, I was a little skeptical of overnight oats at first because I was worried I wouldn’t like the texture, but these are perfect for me and I think it tastes great whether it’s straight out of the fridge or heated in the microwave.
- Oats and flax seed are a good source of fiber, which is important for our digestive health.
- Yogurt and milk both provide calcium and protein, essential for our skeletal and muscular systems. You can use whatever types work best for you, whether that’s dairy-free, lactose-free or regular!
- Pumpkin puree is very high in vitamin A and is a good source of other antioxidants and minerals, as well.
- Protein powder is an extra boost of protein, but a lot depends on the brand and type you use, so do your research.
Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
The perfect recipe for a healthy, easy and delicious breakfast or snack that can be prepped in advance and tastes like pumpkin pie!
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup walnuts and/or pecans
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 cup pumpkin
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- In a mason jar or tupperware with a sealable lid, combine all ingredients. I like to add dry ingredients first, shake well, then add wet ingredients and shake or mix together.
- Seal lid and place in refrigerator for 4 or more hours (I recommend overnight).
- Enjoy cold or warm. Heat by simply microwaving in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals until heated through.
Whatever the season may be, I hope you find these oats to be a convenient and delicious breakfast or snack, whether you are pressed for time or not. Thanks for checking this post out, and if you try them, let me know what you thought in the comments!