This recipe is a simple and healthy lunch, snack or even dinner option that I recently threw together and loved! I am a big fan of both salmon and avocado, so I’ve had this idea for quite some time and am glad I finally gave it a try.
The salad is super versatile and can also be easily customizable to your preferences. You could eat it with pita chips (my favorite) or crackers, on toast or a bagel, as a sandwich or even plain with a spoon! There are also a variety of substitutions below that may help you choose the ingredients that work best for you.
- Salmon is a great source of protein, heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids and other beneficial vitamins and minerals.
- Avocado is also full of heart healthy unsaturated fats and other nutrients, such as vitamin K, folate, vitamin C and potassium.
- Greek yogurt is another great protein source and is also packed with probiotics to promote gut health and calcium to support your skeletal system.
- Canned salmon or cooked and shredded salmon can be used to achieve this delicious recipe, but you can also try it with chicken or tuna if you have that available instead.
- If you are part of the 20% that thinks cilantro tastes like soap, leave it out or replace it with some herbs of your choice, such as parsley or dill.
- As always, if you don’t like an ingredient or don’t have it, leave it out and get creative with ways to replace it with what you have!
Salmon Salad with Avocado
This healthy salmon salad recipe is perfect for a quick and easy lunch and can be eaten in a variety of ways- with crackers, as a sandwich, on toast or even plain.
- 5 oz can of salmon, drained or 1/2 cup cooked salmon, flaked
- 2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, finely chopped
- garlic salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, add all of the ingredients and gently stir until combined.
- Pair with pita chips or crackers, put it on some toast or a bagel, make a sandwich with it or eat it plain and enjoy!
Thanks for following along and I hope you also enjoy this quick and easy recipe!