These egg muffins are packed with veggies and protein, making them a healthy, quick and easy breakfast meal prep option for the week. They’re super easy to make and can be quickly reheated and eaten before you head out the door, but they’re also a great option to make if you have time for a sit down meal in the morning.
This recipe is the combination of add-ins that I like best and works for me, but it is a great recipe to customize! You can pack in more veggies, take out or swap the meat, use dairy free alternatives and more. That’s the great thing about cooking, if you have a base recipe, you can get as creative as you want!
- Eggs are a great source of protein, are packed with nutrients and boost HDL cholesterol (the good one).
- Spinach is rich in fiber, along with containing carotenoids, vitamin K1, folate, iron, calcium and more.
- Tomatoes contain vitamins C, A and K, along with other nutrients and green onions provide an array of antioxidants.
- Ham is another good protein and iron source, just know that it is usually higher in sodium.
Easy Breakfast Egg Muffins
These veggie and protein packed egg muffins are a great breakfast option and great for meal prep!
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup ham, chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons green onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease 9 muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl, then add all other ingredients and mix until evenly distributed.
- Pour mixture evenly into greased muffin tins and bake for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy warm or let cool and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
I hope you find these as easy and delicious as I do and enjoy them for breakfast (or any meal of the day). As always, let me know if you make them, how they turn out and if you have any questions!!