This is a healthy and delicious caesar salad recipe that is now my new favorite side salad with dinner. It’s pretty simple and makes for an easy side, but can be built up to make it a meal. For example, you can add salmon or chicken to it along with some roasted sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts and whatever other toppings you like and have available.
- Kale is a nutrient dense food that contains high quantities of vitamins A, K and C. Along with this, calcium, magnesium, potassium and iron can also be found within these dark leafy greens.
- Chickpeas provide carbohydrates for energy, fiber that aids in digestion and gut health and are a plant-based protein.
- Bolthouse Farms Creamy Caesar Yogurt Dressing is a better alternative to many dressings, as they use no artificial preservatives or flavors, have less total fat than the leading brand and are also a small source of protein.
Kale & Greens Caesar Salad with Roasted Chickpeas
A healthy and delicious caesar salad recipe that can be eaten as a side or built up to a meal.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 4-5 cups chopped kale and greens
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Creamy Caesar Yogurt Dressing
- grated parmesan, to taste
- Start by heating a skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil and add in the drained chickpeas. Sprinkle in the paprika, garlic powder and cumin, then stir gently to coat all of the chickpeas. Continue to stir occasionally on medium-low heat until chickpeas are hot and begin to crisp.
- While chickpeas are roasting, wash and chop greens, then mix in bowl with 1 tsp olive oil and lemon juice. Gently massage greens in this mixture to lessen the bitterness of the kale.
- To put the salad together, add your caesar dressing (I recommend Bolthouse Farms) and toss your salad to incorporate it evenly. Next, add and toss the majority of the roasted chickpeas and your desired amount of parmesan. Top it off with the rest of the chickpeas and another sprinkle of parmesan for visual appeal and enjoy!
As always, I’d love to know if you try this recipe and hear any feedback you might have from it! I hope you enjoy and have a great rest of your day!!