This is the perfect side dish for all of your fall and winter festivities and gatherings (COVID safe, of course)!! The bacon and cranberries bring the perfect flavor combo to the brussel sprouts, especially with the balsamic vinegar. It’s also a pretty simple and easy recipe to make and doesn’t take that long either.
- Brussel sprouts are high in fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, especially vitamins K and C.
- Cranberries are packed with antioxidants. Often times they are sweetened though, so I recommend looking for an unsweetened kind that has no added sugar or other unnecessary ingredients.
Bacon & Cranberry Brussel Sprouts
This brussel sprouts recipe is the perfect side dish for fall and winter meals and has a great combination of flavors!
- 16 oz brussel sprouts, or 4 cups sliced
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup broth of choice
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dice uncooked bacon and cook in a pan on medium heat until edges are crisp. Remove excess grease from pan and place bacon in a small bowl.
- Slice washed brussel sprouts in half and place in the same, lightly greased pan that the bacon was in. Season with salt and pepper and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth of your choice and cover to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar, cooked bacon and dried cranberries and cook uncovered for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, dish up and dig in!
If you try this recipe out, let me know what you think of it or if you have any other brussel sprout ideas! Thanks for checking this out and being here!!