This chili recipe is perfect for fall and packed with tons of vegetables that taste and smell amazing. Plus it’s a crock pot/ slow cooker recipe so all you really need to do it dump the ingredients in, give it a stir and walk away! There’s nothing better than coming back into the kitchen and being welcomed by the warm aromas of a delicious meal that is waiting for you.
I topped my veggie chili with some plain greek yogurt, diced avocado and some more cilantro. You can also add cheese, tortilla chips or any other of your favorite chili toppings to make it complete. I also paired it with some of my favorite beer bread and the combo was perfect! I’m planning on sharing a recipe for that soon too, so be on the lookout!
- Carrots are good source of beta-carotene, fiber, potassium, vitamin K1 and antioxidants.
- Red bell peppers contain lots of vitamin C, vitamin B6, folate and antioxidants.
- Tomatoes are a source of lycopene, vitamin C, potassium, folate and vitamin K.
- Black beans and kidney beans both provide plant-based protein, as well as fiber, minerals and more. Choosing plant-based proteins when you can also helps to keep the earth healthier by reducing your carbon footprint.
- Corn provides B vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- More fiber can be found in sweet potatoes, along with vitamins A and C, manganese, vitamin B6 and more.
A delicious, easy and comforting fall chili recipe that packed full of nutrients and sure to please a crowd!
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 15 oz can black beans
- 15 oz can kidney beans
- 15 oz can corn
- 1.5 – 2 cups sweet potato, diced
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup broth of choice (or water)
- 1/2 cup green onions, diced
- 4 oz can green chiles
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 2 – 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut sweet potatoes, carrots, bell pepper and green onions.
- Add all ingredients to a crock pot/ slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 7 hours.
- Serve with your favorite chili toppings and enjoy!!
Thanks for checking out this recipe and let me know what you think when you give it a try!!