This may be the easiest recipe I’ve ever posted on here and really doesn’t even need a recipe to follow, but I still wanted to share it because of how great of a treat it is! This fall bark uses dark chocolate, nuts, seeds and dried fruit to create a healthier treat that is easy to store and grab a bite of when you’re in the mood for a little something sweet. For this recipe, you can easily get creative and make a bark that fits with your preferences and what you might already have in your pantry. The possibilities are endless, but I’m sharing what I used to make mine below.
- Dark chocolate is the healthiest option when it comes to choosing your chocolate, as it is full of antioxidants and other nutrients that have benefits. I started using Enjoy Life chocolate chips because they are made from sustainably harvested cocoa beans, are free from 14 allergens, including dairy, and are certified vegan and FODMAP friendly.
- Nuts like pecans and walnuts are healthy fats that support hormone balance and regulation, while also offering nutrients like vitamin E, magnesium and selenium.
- Pumpkin and sunflower seeds are a great source of protein, phosphorous, monounsaturated fats, omega-6 fats, vitamin E and more.
- Cranberries are high in antioxidants and also provide fiber. Raisins are similarly packed with energy, fiber, vitamins and minerals.
Dark Chocolate Fall Bark
This fall bark uses dark chocolate, nuts, seeds and dried fruit to create a healthier treat that is easy to store and grab a bite of when you're in the mood for a little something sweet.
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/8 cup cranberries
- 1/8 cup golden raisins
- 1/8 cup pecans
- 1/8 cup walnuts
- 1/8 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
- Melt chocolate with coconut oil in 30 second intervals, stirring together each time. I only had to heat it for 1 minute total, then stirred until all melted together.
- Pour onto a greased pan or piece of parchment paper and tilt pan to let spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle topping of your choice on top of chocolate. I only estimated the amounts of these toppings to give you an idea, so do what you think fits and looks good!
- Refrigerate or freeze until solid, then break into pieces. Enjoy at room temperature, or store in the refrigerator or freezer and eat pieces whenever you want. I like to keep them in the freezer, but that’s just me!
This is such a simple idea for a tasty treat that is on the healthier side and I’d love to hear what you think of the idea, especially if you give it a try! A final tip, mix together the toppings to make your own trail mix for an easy snack!!