This recipe is a favorite of mine and I love to make it with soups or stews. It is warm, comforting, delicious and so easy to make. I used whole wheat flour for this recipe to get some more nutrients, but if you have All-Purpose flour and want to use that, then go for it!
Whole Wheat Beer Bread
A comforting and delicious bread that goes great with soups, stews, or whatever you want!
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 oz. beer, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375° F and grease two mini loaf pans or one regular loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Pour in beer and stir for approximately 23 strokes.
- Pour batter into greased pans and bake for 35 minutes in mini loaf pans or 1 hour in regular loaf pan.
- Slice and serve warm. This is best to eat directly after baking, but you could also eat it the next day.
Try pairing this with my Veggie Packed Chili or your favorite warm soups and stews during these colder holiday months. Thanks for checking this recipe out and being here!