This is the perfect recipe for apple season and makes for a very healthy and tasty snack!
These apple chips are a super easy recipe to make in an air fryer and are made even tastier with a little bit of cinnamon. If you want to get in the mood for fall, or just love cinnamon apples, make this recipe and fill your kitchen with the scent of a fall cinnamon apple candle- trust me, it smells so good! This is even better than a candle though because you actually get to eat what smells that good!!
I made these apple chips with McIntosh apples from the farmers market and though they aren’t picture perfect, they are local and taste just as great! For this recipe you can use whatever apple you have available to you, is in season, or is your favorite! As always, recipes are a great guide and way to get ideas, but you should let your creativity flow and create food that you actually enjoy.
- Apples are a nutritious fruit and a popular choice when meeting the daily recommendation for fruit intake, which is 2 cups. They are a source of carbohydrates to give you energy and also provide fiber, vitamin C, potassium, vitamin K, polyphenols and more!
- Cinnamon also provides health benefits, as it is spice that is packed with antioxidants, works to support metabolism and can act as an anti-inflammatory.
Air Fried Cinnamon Apple Chips
These are the perfect snacks to make at home during apple season. They're easy to make, healthy, delicious and as a bonus they make your kitchen smell like a candle!
- 2 apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Wash apples and thinly slice with a knife or mandolin slicer, then remove seeds, stem and core.
- Sprinkle apples with cinnamon and toss to ensure it is evenly distributed.
- Place apple slices in your air fryer and try to spread them out as much as possible.
- Begin by air frying at 300° F for 25 minutes, setting the timer for 5 minute increments to toss and turn the apple slices.
- In order to get them crisp, air fry at 350° F for 2 minutes, then toss, turn and repeat for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from air fryer and enjoy warm! They are best fresh, but you can also store them in an airtight container once they have cooled. I recommend air frying them at 300° F for a couple minutes to re-crisp them and heat them up if you are storing them.
I hope this recipe turns out great for you if you choose to make it and that it gets you ready for fall as we near mid-September already! Thanks for being here and reading this much!!