This healthier granola recipe is not only delicious and easy to make, but it is also super customizable! It’s a fun way to get creative and there’s really no way to go wrong.
This recipe has now become part of my weekly routine, but I rarely make it the same as the time before. I switch it up depending on my preference that day and the nuts and fruit we have on hand. This granola can be eaten as a topping on yogurt, like cereal with some milk, or by the handful as a tasty snack.
- Oats are a great source of both carbohydrates and fiber, meaning they provide you with energy and promote digestive health.
- Nuts not only are a plant-based protein, but they are also a healthy fat that provides long-lasting energy and many other health benefits (like reducing LDL (bad) cholesterol and aiding in hormone balance).
Easy Substitutions & Additions
- Use any combination of nuts that work for you: walnuts, pecans, almonds, peanuts, etc.
- Replace raisins with cranberries or coconut flakes
- Substitute honey with real maple syrup (I might be biased but I think this is best with local honey- especially when it’s from your dad)
- Add flax seed for some added fiber benefits
- Add pumpkin, sunflower or any other seeds for added flavor and healthy fat
- Get creative with your spices (I sometimes like to add in a sprinkle of nutmeg to this recipe)
Homemade Cinnamon Raisin Granola
This tasty homemade granola recipe is easy to make, healthy and totally customizable!
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup nuts (1/2 walnuts & 1/2 almonds)
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (raisins)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F and grease a baking sheet, preferably rimmed
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts, dried fruit, cinnamon and salt
- In a small bowl, mix together melted coconut oil, honey and vanilla
- Pour wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until all is evenly combined and moist
- Pour onto greased baking sheet and spread evenly
- Bake for 15 minutes, then take it out and mix it up with a spoon so it can be cooked on both sides, return to oven and bake for another 15 minutes
- Let cool completely before removing from baking sheet and storing in an airtight container
If you try this recipe, I hope you enjoy it and if you have any questions, comments or feedback for me I would love to hear it! If you chose to customize your homemade granola, let me know what you used in the comments!